This recipe is definitely a must. We teach this recipe in coffee shops serving our matcha. Since you will be using equal parts of milk and water, you need less matcha than when you make it with milk only. The matcha latte is smooth and not too rich. You can have two ;)
You can also replace milk by almond milk or soy milk.
- 1 teaspoon of Bangoshi matcha
- 1/2 cup of hot water
- 1/2 cup of hot milk (or soy milk or almond milk)
- maple syrup or honey
- Add 1 teaspoon of Bangoshi matcha to a bowl
- Add 1/2 cup of hot water (about 80 C.)
- Whisk until the matcha is completly disolved. You should use your matcha whisk in horizontal movements and not circular movements to get (If you don't have a matcha whisk, you can use a small pastry whisk, a Vitamix, or a fork. You may have few crumbs but it will still taste great.)
- Add 1/2 cup of hot milk.
- Add honey or maple syrup to taste