If you want to impress your guests or just to treat yourself, this matcha recipe is for you. In addition to being super easy to make, this recipe is simply delicious. So if you thought crème brûlée was too fancy, think again, because this matcha crème brûlée recipe has with only four ingredients.
You can make this recipe ahead and just take it out of the refrigerator to melt the sugar in front of your guests. They will surely be amazed.
This recipe allows you to really taste the matcha green tea, which has a bitter taste, but ends in a savory and sweet note. The finest connoisseur will be delighted! However, if you are someone who is just starting to appreciate matcha’s taste, you can put half the matcha green tea in the recipe.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes
- 2 cups of vanilla ice cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of Matcha Bangoshi
- Preheat the oven to 160° C
- Melt the ice cream over a very low heat and incorporate the Bangoshi Matcha. Whisk frequently.
- Once the ice cream is completely melted and the matcha green tea is dissolved, leave it to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Once the mixture is cool, add the egg yolks and whisk well.
- Pour the mixture into a ramekin or any other bowl that goes in the oven.
- Place the ramekins in a pan and pour hot water in it to come roughly halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove the ramekins from the oven, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until completely cool.
- Sprinkle one table spoon of sugar on each crème brûlée and melt it using a torch or broil the crème brûlée if you don’t have a torch.
- Enjoy !